Sunday 6 September 2015

Journey to University of Bradford

Packing done? Check...managed to pack everything I needed (finally) for the week before I lef the house. It was strange in fact that we were asked to bring toiletries with us.

Anyway, journey to Bradford seems to be quite long. To my memory, I think Bradford has been the second furthest North of England I have travelled, minus the the time when I travelled to Lancaster for something else and to Ulster in Northern Ireland for a conference.

Bye bye London and hello to Bradford!!!!! ☺️

I have always learnt to bring work with me wherever I go to keep me awake and keep my mind working, especially on such long journeys like this afternoon. All in all, it took me about 5 hours to arrive to my room on campus at the University of Bradford through the means of walking, bus, train, tube, train and then finally walking a very hilly road to read my destination.

Bradford is definately not like London, flat and quite. It seems to me that Bradford was indeed a very peaceful area; but then again it was a late Sunday afternoon. It was definately a very interesting journey from the station to the university, carrying my luggage up the hill and making such loud noises from the wheels!
 
Pictures below on some things I saw before on the way up the hill...

This evening, I attended the 'Welcome Reception' at the Bradford Brewary where I met other Bursary students for the British Science Festival as well as staff. It was good to network with others and seeing what univeristies they are coming from. I also met (finally) the other student from University of Westminster. Funny enough that we both are living at the same flat on campus and next door to each other!